|Hanna 98197 Professional Resistivity Meter w/Flow Cell (#HI98197) Sale
The HI98190 is a rugged, portable pH meter with the performance and features of a benchtop meter. This professional, waterproof meter complies with IP67 standards and measures pH, ORP and temperature. The HI98190 is supplied with all necessary accessories to perform a pH/temperature measurement and packaged in a durable carrying case.
Features at a Glance
- Four-ring Technology - The HI98197 is supplied with a specialized HI763123 four-ring conductivity probe that not only allows for a 0.001 μS/cm resolution measurement but also has screw type threads for insertion into the HI605453 AISI 316 stainless steel flow cell. The HI763123 has a built-in temperature sensor and a adjustable temperature coefficient for accurate readings that cover a complete range with a single sensor. The four-ring technology also eliminates the polarization effect that is common with standard two pole versions. The HI763123 conductivity probe connects to the meter with a unique quick connect waterproof DIN connector allowing for a secure attachment without a threaded connection that is also easy to remove.
- H+ - High purity water used in power generation, semiconductor manufacturing and other industries can be difficult to measure can be difficult to measure due the ability of carbon dioxide (CO2) to diffuse into water and forming carbonic acid (H2CO3). The carbonic acid will dissociate into hydrogen ions (H+) and bicarbonate ions (HCO3). These ions will increase the conductivity and decrease the resistivity of the water. In order to measure high purity water accurately it is necessary to perform a continuous flow measurement. The HI98197 uses the HI763123 four ring probe with a threaded connection that is screwed into a stainless steel body flow cell. The flow cell is connected to a water source to determine the conductivity or resistivity whichever is preferred. The HI98197 is an ideal meter for monitoring the mixed bed resin or equivalent system that produces high purity water of 18.2 MΩ * cm at 25 °C.
- Expanded Ranges - HI98197 has an expanded conductivity range from 0.000 μS/cm to 1000 mS/cm actual conductivity (400 mS/cm temperature compensated). The HI98197 also has ranges for TDS, resistivity and three salinity scales. This meter automatically recognizes the probe type (two or four ring) and allows the user to adjust the nominal cell constant.
- USP <645> - HI98197 can be used to perform all three stages of USP <645> method required for EC measurement of ultrapure water and generates a report when the any of the three stages are met.
- 5-Point Calibration - Calibration can be performed up to five points with seven preprogrammed conductivity standards. For salinity (% NaCl range), HI7037 standard allows users to perform a one-point calibration.
- Temperature Compensation - EC and TDS measurements are fully customizable and include: cell constant selection between 0.0 and 10.000 and a selection of linear, non-linear (natural water) or no temperature compensation. The temperature compensation coefficient range is configurable from 0.00 to 10.00%/°C with a choice of reference temperatures of 15°C, 20°C and 25°C.
- TDS Conversion Factor - The conductivity to TDS factor is adjustable from 0.40 and 1.00.
- User Profiles - The HI98197 allows for the creation of 10 measurement profiles with various user settings including temperature compensation, range selection, cell constant, and TDS conversion factors.
- Logging - The log-on-demand mode allows the user to record and save up to 400 readings while the lot logging at selected intervals can store up to 1000 readings. This data can then be transferred to a PC with Hanna’s HI920015 micro USB cable and HI92000 software.
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) - GLP data includes date, time, standards used, temperature compensation used, reference temperature, and TDS conversion factor (TDS) is directly accessible by pressing the dedicated GLP key.
- Contextual Help - Access Help at any time at the press of a dedicated button and view content specific information based on the screen that is currently being viewed.
- Graphic LCD - The high contrast graphic LCD is easy to read outdoors in bright sunlight as well as in low-lit areas with the backlight. A combination of dedicated and virtual keys allows easy, intuitive operation in a choice of languages.
- Thermoformed Carrying Case - The compact, durable HI720197 carry case is thermoformed to hold all necessary components for taking a field measurement, including the meter and probe, beakers and conductivity standards.