|PROVECT-OX2™ TECHNOLOGY DESCRIPTION
Provect-OX2™ is easily deployed via groundwater wells using the Provectus® Sleeve delivery system to oxidize residual organic compounds in impacted groundwater including chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, and pesticides. Provect-OX2™ is a unique mixture of reagents combined into a single product that provides immediate oxidation and manages rebound. Benefits are outlined below:
- Utilization of sulfate and iron as terminal electron acceptors
- Reduction of Fe(III) to Fe(II) for continued persulfate activation
- Terr-OR™ pH buffer to manage acidity
- Capitalizes on the lower solubility of potassium persulfate for controlled and extended oxidant release
Notably, Provect-OX2™ utilizes Fe(III) to activate persulfate which requires a lower activation energy while not consuming the persulfate oxidant. As the generated ferrate ions are consumed, the resulting ferric species can act as a terminal electron acceptor for biological attenuation. This is true also for the generated sulfate ion which may further remediate the targeted compounds in groundwater and soils.
BENEFITS OF ISCO SLEEVES
- Significant cost savings due to ISCO approach that promotes oxidative, biotic, and abiotic degradation mechanisms.
- All the field proven benefits of Provect-OX2™.
- Estimated longevity of 3 to 6 months.
- Unique formulation does not require additional activator.
- Substantial time savings in the field because the reusable ISCO Sleeves (PVC) are easy to insert and retrieve from the well (see picture).
- Ease of determining the exact depth at which the ISCO Sleeve is deployed.
- Sleeves available for 2” and 4” wells.
- Even material distribution over the length of the ISCO Sleeve because the canister will not collapse.