Companies’ policies and procedures can make renting or purchasing equipment dramatically different. FEI strives to keep the process as simple as possible with an eye on helping you keep your projects costs under control. FEI is committed to being the quality leader in the industry.
Our Commitment to You
- You can place orders with FEI 24 hours a day by telephone, fax or email to an FEI representative or an FEI office.
- You receive clean, calibrated, and functioning rental equipment each and every time.
- Prior to leaving our location, each item in your order is subject to a quality assurance check by at least two FEI representatives.
- For no additional charge, FEI will deliver equipment and supplies one day prior to the rental term start date to allow you time to review your order and its operational status before use.
- FEI ships same day from all of its locations.
- If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your equipment, FEI will work with you to determine what replacement equipment will meet your objectives and then promptly ship it to you.
- In the event of an equipment malfunction, FEI will provide technical assistance and support to help you complete your project. We will work diligently to resolve issues to your satisfaction.
- With local delivery and standard overnight shipments, the rental term normally commences on the business day following delivery.
- For equipment you have asked to be delivered before noon, the rental term begins the day the order is received by you.
- For shipped equipment, the rental term ends the business day before the day the equipment is received at one of our locations. For local deliveries the rental term ends the day you call for pickup.
- Your rental rate is eligible for adjustment if your rental term changes from a daily to a weekly rental or from a weekly to a monthly rental. FEI will modify your rental rate to achieve the lowest overall rental cost, based on our scheduled rates.
- FEI offers free local delivery and pickup in any metropolitan area where we have a location
- FEI will assist you with finding the most economical and efficient shipping or delivery method available including shipping to and from locations nearest your projects.
- Equipment is shipped via UPS or Federal Express. Each service provides daily delivery as early as 8:30 a.m. If needed, weekend delivery is available. Ask your FEI representative for details.
- FEI will arrange for the shipping of orders directly from our vendors for out-of-stock items or special orders or equipment you buy.
- Equipment can be returned to the appropriate FEI office via standard next-day delivery or local pickup, depending on your location.
- When returning equipment delivered locally from one of our offices, call your FEI representative for a return authorization number and to schedule pickup.
New Equipment Returns and Warranties
- When you purchase equipment from FEI, only the return policies and warranties of the equipment’s original manufacturer will apply.
- Returns require a return authorization before shipping. Please contact your FEI representative for details.
Calibration and Maintenance
As part of your rental, instruments are serviced and calibrated to their manufacturers’ specifications. You will not be charged any separate fees for these services.
FEI must be notified promptly when equipment is missing, defective or malfunctioning. Waiting until the end of a rental period to inform us that equipment or supplies is missing, damaged or malfunctioning will not result in credit to your account.
Equipment Rental Fees
FEI understands that you may need to lengthen the time you use our equipment because of unexpected delays and/or conditions. If you have already received your equipment, please notify us if your rental period needs to change. We will strive to accommodate your schedule, although our normal rental fees will continue to accrue. Please contact your FEI representative for details.
Terms and Conditions
When you place an order with FEI, your agreement with us includes the terms and conditions set forth on our website. Please click here to review those binding provisions, including the limitations on the amount of FEI’s liability for damages.
Revision 2.0 - 01-2019